What is a Keto Diet?
- Cholesterol : A keto diet has shown to improve triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels most associated with arterial buildup.
- Weight Loss : As your body is burning fat as the main source of energy, you will essentially be using your fat stores as an energy source while in a fasting state.
- Blood Sugar : Many studies show the decrease of LDL cholesterol over time and have shown to eliminate ailments such as type 2 diabetes.
- Energy : By giving your body a better and more reliable energy source, you will feel more energized during the day. Fats are shown to be the most effective molecule to burn as fuel.
- Hunger : Fat is naturally more satisfying and ends up leaving us in a satiated (full) state for longer.
- Acne : Recent studies have shown a drop in acne lesions and skin inflammation over 12 weeks.
Diet Plan :
To start a keto diet ,you will want to plan ahead, that definitely means having a viable diet plan ready and waiting. What you eat really depends how fast you want to get into a ketogenic state. The more restrictive you are on your carbohydrates (less than 15g per day), the faster you will achieve ketosis (the ultimate goal of keto diet).
Normally, anywhere between 20-30g of net carbs is recommended for every day dieting, but the lower we keep our glucose levels, the better the overall results will be.
|Spinach (Raw)||1/2 Cup||0.1|
|Bok Choi||1/2 Cup||0.2|
|Lettuce (Romaine)||1/2 Cup||0.2|
|Broccoli (Florets)||1/2 Cup||0.8|
|Cauliflower (Steamed)||1/2 Cup||0.9|
|Cabbage (Green Raw)||1/2 Cup||1.1|
|Cauliflower (Raw)||1/2 Cup||1.4|
|Collard Greens||1/2 Cup||2|
|Kale steamed||1/2 Cup||2.1|
|Green Beans steamed||1/2 Cup||2.9|
Dark green and leafy is always the best choice. Most of your meals should be a protein with vegetables, and an extra side of fat. Chicken breast basted in olive oil, with broccoli and cheese. Steak topped with a knob of butter, and a side of spinach sautéed in olive oil. If you’re finding yourself hungry throughout the day, you can snack on nuts, seeds, cheeses, or peanut butter to curb your appetite.
Myth About Diet :
There are a lot of misconceptions about low carb dieting which has caused an infamous outlook on this type of diet as People normally get this confused with high fat and high carb diets, which are terrible for the body. Here are some myths
& their clarifications
by manipal hospitals
Doctors Advice :
As a precaution, we should always check with a physician if we have any concerns about starting a keto diet. We should especially be more cautious if our family has any pre-existing kidney or diabetic conditions – as the higher intake of proteins will put strain on your kidneys. Also, for our bodily preparation for probable minor health issues in the first few weeks.